Pacific Grove Unified School District is building awareness around assessment data for the purpose of advancing teaching and learning. This work involves carefully examining student performance data from a variety of assessments in order to inform instructional decisions at the classroom level and to further inform and guide procedures and policies at the school site and district levels.
California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress Resources (CAASPP)
The CAASPP testing program has replaced the former Standardized Testing and Reporting (STAR) Program in the California. The CAASPP program includes Computer Adaptive Test (CAT) and performance tasks (PT) in English Language Arts and Mathematics for grades 3-8 and 11. The SBAC assessments are designed to provide information that can be used to monitor student progress. The aim of these tests is to ensure that all students are being prepared on a path towards college and future careers upon graduating from high school
The resources below are intended to aid parents and students in learning more about the CASSPP and its implications for teaching and learning.
|Early Assessment Program Student Letter||English||Spanish|
|Accessibility and Accountability Form||English||Spanish|
|Creating Computer Adaptive Assessments||English||Spanish|
|Smarter Balanced Fact Sheet||English||Spanish|
Student academic performance from state assessments is reported to the Board of Education in the fall of each year. The results of the Smarter Balanced Assessment (SBA) for 2015, 20016 are available on the CAASPP website.
CAASPP SBA Results PGUSD Board Report Fall 2017 (Coming Soon)
- Smarter Balanced Assessment Results (from CDE)
- CAASPP Site
- SBAC Practice and Training Tests
- Guide to Your CAASPP Student Score Report (Grades 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 11) – CAASPP
- Guide to Your CAASPP Student Score Report (Grades 5 and 8 with CST Science Results)
- Moving Beyond the Bubble, CA PTA Site
- Frequently Asked Questions about CAASPP – CDE Site
- CAASPP Information and Resources – CDE Site
- Smarter Balanced Practice Tests – CDE Site